fot

Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca Kastner Cup

To: kaskas@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Laguna Seca Kastner Cup
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:40:19 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2010 11:50:16 AM Central Standard Time,
kaskas@cox.net writes:

> Just mostly they want you to replace the handle bars with an actual
> steering
> wheel, might help your lap times too.

Thanks, Kas...

That first year we put those handle bars on the car as a joke, we had a
ball going through Tech.  Because of our straight faced attitude, the fact that
they were completely functional, and the official TRIUMPH hub cap badge
they sport, they caused more high power caucuses than early "No Way!" reactions
in Tech.

Those handle bars have long been Ole Blue's signature upgrade, but I can
only use them for drag racing, or generating puzzled looks and questions in
our paddock.  The most common question being, "Is the driver handicapped?"
And of course, Wismer answers, "Yeah!"

But except for slight bends in the road like 'the kink', I can't get the
handle bars past my gut in hard turns when road racing.  It's my gut and lack
of natural talent impacting my lap times...not the handle bars.  But as
always, I appreciate, seek and need any and all further council.

Keep it coming.

Hope you and Peg are healthy, happy and warm.

Bill
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html