fot

Re: [Fot] TR3s and the Southwick conversion

To: TR3driver@ca.rr.com, Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3s and the Southwick conversion
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:40:09 EST
In a message dated 01/30/2011 8:18:08 PM Central Standard Time,
TR3driver@ca.rr.com writes:

> My experience was that a TR4 axle under a TR3A led to problems with
> fender
> clearance.  Even with reshaping the fenders and running the skinniest
> tires
> I could find at the time, the tires rubbed hard enough to eventually
> damage
> the sidewalls.  Made a noticeable improvement in cornering though, on an
> otherwise dead stock suspension.
>
> The tires I'm running on my TR3 now rub the fenders a little even with a
> TR3
> axle.

I had similar issues with my early TR3, and solved it by having the fenders
rolled out with a small baseball bat.  It's a simple process that we
probably could have done ourselves, but I chose to have it done by our body
shop
guy because I knew there would be some 'paint splitting' as the result.
Worked slick, and I had some 'touch up' work done at the same time.

Bill Dentinger
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html