fot

Re: [Fot] Neg. camber on 1964 tr4

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Neg. camber on 1964 tr4
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:42:45 -0500
It seems like it would be difficult to get enough change in camber for a
TR3/4 by reversing the fulcrum.  The factory spec is +2 degrees, so it
takes quite a lot to get to -2.  Lowering helps a little, less than 1/2
degree.  If you shorten the upper A arms as many of us have done, you
have to remove at least 1/2 inch.  I wrote a short report when I studied
the suspension on my TR3 (see
http://tildentechnologies.com/downloads/TRsuspension.PDF). There is a
neat way to shorten the upper A arms that I discovered from Bob Kramer
that does not involve cutting them in two.  I can put up a photo if
anyone is interested in it.  The modification is not obvious for
organizations that do not permit Heim joints, etc.
Larry