fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 Cam Failure

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 Cam Failure
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:46:35 -0500
With the new blanks there is no need to grind off the large front
diameter unless the lift is really huge (>0.38).  The rough lobes extend
about 1/8 inch beyond the bearing radius.  Since the front four lobes
don't have to slide through the bearings, why grind off this extra
material?  Everyone seems to do this, but they don't need to.  I had my
cams ground only until the front lobes cleaned up. The only one that
ever broke was by a Neanderthal Fedex man.