fot

Re: [Fot] Alloy Race Wheels Spitfire

To: "Bob Kramer" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Alloy Race Wheels Spitfire
From: <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 06:53:59 -0400
Cc: Friends of triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Bob, I was under the impression that VTO imported the Superlite line, they
have been around for years and I know a couple of racers on them. As I
understand it, they were priced about the same as the usual suspects, and
are a good wheel. I didn't think that wheel was stiill available. Do your
wheels have "VTO" cast into the rim? The Superlites I am thinking of do not.

I seem to remember VTO launched it's current line of wheels a couple years
back, and they were at that time offered at a price point significantly
better than the usual suspects. These wheels are easily identified by the
letters "VTO" cast into the rim. I saw a couple cars at car shows on these
new wheels, and to me, the wheel did not look all that substantial. I
thought I remembered a conversation about these wheels here on the FOT list,
but an archive search turned up nothing.

I just did a Google search, and it appears the MG racers are using them in
hoards, with no apparent calamities. Not sure it any of the fast MG guys are
running them, though.

Anyway, it appears I stand corrected...

YMMV

Henry - a believer that you get what you pay for