fot

Re: [Fot] [TR] 10 spline diameters?

To: Bud <levilevi@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] [TR] 10 spline diameters?
From: SCOTT JANZEN <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 10:06:43 -0500
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
If you put a tr6 box in, you will also need to invert the clutch actuating
shaft, redrill it for the tapered pin from the other direction, and fabricate
a mount for the slave cylinder.  The tr6 slave is underslung and will hit the
frame.  You'll need a new rear trans mount (frame welding), a hybrid shortened
driveshaft with a tr6 yoke on the front end.
Tr6 box weighs about 25- 30 lb more, shift lever ends up in the same place as
a gt6 box and it fits under a gt6 trans cover.
If you put a close ratio gear set in (avail from Moss) the input shaft is 1",
21 spline (tr7 disc?).  Close ratio is great on the track but 1st gear is
really tall for slow speeds.
Also check the input shaft bushing in the crankshaft to make sure it extends
far enough to the rear to support the trans input shaft. Lastly, you will need
a tr6 rear engine plate, which bolts right onto the Gt6 block, don't know
about the spit.

Sent from my mobile device

> On Dec 19, 2014, at 9:35 PM, Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net> wrote:
>
> Bud, GT6 is 1" 10 spline. We did the TR6 trans conversion 40 years ago. We
can supply whatever you need - clutch, etc.  Please let me know if we can
help. Ted

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/tedtsimx@bright.net