fot

Re: [Fot] Aluminum connectors

To: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Aluminum connectors
From: Paul Ricco <paulricco@att.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 07:30:05 -0600
Cc: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
I have been working with the style of connectors you are referencing for many
years.  They are very reliable.  The best reference for tightening them and
installing hose of them is at Aeroquip's website and in their print catalog.
If you are going to do a lot of work with them, invest in the aluminum
wrenches and vise jaws.  It will keep them from getting beat up from assembly
and disassembly. You will need the adjustable wrench for some of the fittings,
because they are not full AN sized on both sides of some fittings.  If you
intend to build hoses, the assembly lube is a great investment. Pegasus is a
good source for the fittings and tools.  They have all sizes and
configurations.

Paul

Sent from my iPad

> On Dec 31, 2014, at 6:57 AM, Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> Chris,
> These are called AN fittings.B From my experience, they are very reliable
and don't leak if they are in good condition. In your photo, the left end has
a slight taper and is a pipe fitting. It should be wrapped with Teflon tape.
The other end should _not_ be wrapped. I have seen these used on test engines
an dynomometer stands for many hours with no leaks.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/dmitchel@sbcglobal.net