fot

[Fot] Southwick alloy front hubs - common bearing application ?

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Southwick alloy front hubs - common bearing application ?
From: Randall via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:36:01 -0700
Cc: 'FOT' <fot@autox.team.net>
I want to thank all who replied (in case I missed thanking anyone personally).

To recap for the group, there is no automotive application for these bearings,
they are (expensive) industrial bearings.  Still
available (Summit Racing has them listed as well as many others) but not cheap.

Richard Good is now selling very similar aluminum alloy hubs, based on the same
"uncle jack" design, but they have been slightly
modified to take a more common (and cheaper bearing).  His bearings won't fit
the original Southwick hubs (unless perhaps the hubs
can be remachined to suit).

The good news is that I found the bag with the original bearings, hiding in a
crate marked "TR Brake parts".

-- Randall

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com