fot

[Fot] TR-4 Valve Spring Cap / Collar dilemma

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] TR-4 Valve Spring Cap / Collar dilemma
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 18:36:04 -0600
I'm going through my TR-4 head.  Since BFE seems to be out of action,
I purchased aluminum valve spring collars / caps from Moss.  I find
that they are smaller diameter than the cool titanium ones I'm
running and smaller than my current springs.  Unfortunately, the
Titanium ones are wearing and need to be replaced.  I don't have
stock parts on hand to compare to, so I'm not sure if the Moss part
is undersized or if I'm running larger than normal diameter stuff from Ken.

The valve spring collar I've removed is 1.365" diameter, the outer
spring is 1.380" diameter and the alloy spring collar from Moss is
1.260" diameter.

Anyone know of a source of lightweight valve spring collars for the
1.380" springs?

TIA

Cheers, Tony Drews

fot@autox.team.net