fot

[Fot] TR4 ARP Flywheel Bolts Question

Subject: [Fot] TR4 ARP Flywheel Bolts Question
From: timmmurphh at gmail.com (timmmurphh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 13:58:39 -0500
FWIW

I just got a set of ARP 206-2802 flywheel bolts from Pegasus for the TR4.  They
are for ?BMC A series?.  The instruction specifically says, ?DO NOT USE ANY
WAHERS?, yes, all in caps for emphasis!  They further state that ARP will not
be responsible for failures is washers are used.  The instructions also say,
?Make sure there is an adequate chamfer under the bolt holes on the flywheel to
clear the radius under the head of the bolt.?  Torque is 55 Ft-Lb with
specified lubricants on the threads.

I?ve never had that much good luck grinding the ends of bolts and still having
it square so as not to start it cocked and runing the female threads.  Maybe
it?s just me?

Tim