fot

[Fot] Spitfire and GT6 steering rack question

Subject: [Fot] Spitfire and GT6 steering rack question
From: kkjjk at aol.com (kkjjk at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 07:13:26 -0400
I had the same problem when I replaced the inner ball joints last fall, Scott.
I didn't want the binding, and found some thinner shims from an old Spitfire
rack.  I just mixed the shims until I had no play and no binding when
reassembled with a fair amount of grease.  It drove me nuts, but I finally got
them to move freely without any play.  I can try to find some more shims for
you if you would like.-- Jay