fot

[Fot] vibration

Subject: [Fot] vibration
From: kkjjk at aol.com (kkjjk at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 07:35:05 -0400
 I have a significant vibration with my GT6 which occurs only at speed, in 4th
gear starting about 300-400 before redline (approx 6600 RPM).  In any other
gear to redline there is no problem, so it is related only to speed.  I had the
driveshaft universal joints replaced and balanced with no change in the
vibration.  The tires are brand new and balanced as well, although I did have a
bit of shaking of the car, so I will have them re balanced again.  But I need
to know what I should look at next to find the solution to the problem.  The
diff?  Rear axles? And what items specifically?  I have to back off a bit near
the end of the straight at Summit Point due to this problem, which sucks.  A
longer straight at another track would be even worse! Any help would be
appreciated!  Thanks- Jay De Pol