fot

[Fot] vibration

Subject: [Fot] vibration
From: don at dcphotos.com (don at dcphotos.com)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 14:28:22 -0500
I?ve had a very similar issue from the first time I drove my ?62 Spitfire down
the front straight at TWS and on both straights at COTA.
Mine is more of a rumble that seems to start when I?m going flat out in fourth
around 5-6K rpms.

I have had the drive shaft balanced and phased, swapped gearboxes, diffs and
still it?s there.
My gearbox tail shaft has a strap going over it to help secure it in place.
To me it feels like something in the rear. I was wondering if I had a wheel out
of true or tire out of round.
Two things I haven?t swapped out.

Another thing I notice was one of my trailing arms, I can move with my hand and
the other I can?t.
They are heim joints. Was thinking maybe a toe out/in issue?

Could be the diff mounts as well, haven?t changed them out.

Don

DON COUCH PHOTOGRAPHY
www.dcphotos.com
(512)-680-3540