fot

[Fot] Suggested route to Blackhawk

Subject: [Fot] Suggested route to Blackhawk
From: rjohns at woh.rr.com (Robert Johns)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 18:08:10 -0400
Hi,
I suspect that you are pulling a trailer.  I would not go through Chicago on I
90.  I suggest that you stay on I 80 West to I 39 North to Rockford. It is a
better route for trucks and trailers. A bit further but less traffic.
If you were not hauling, I would recommend going North on I 294, until you join
I 90 West. That is the route I take going to my daughter?s.  That is fine if
you are not pulling a trailer.  I hope you have a transponder if you do go
through Chicago.  That is also the advantage in going west further on I 80 and
going North in I 39. No toll in Illinois until you get to Rockford.

Robert Johns