fot

[Fot] Public Service Announcement, knockoff Datsun brake drums

Subject: [Fot] Public Service Announcement, knockoff Datsun brake drums
From: apage at prosystembrakes.com (Ashley Page)
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 14:58:33 -0400
I have the Centric parts line and would be happy to quote - friendly prices.
I can say that I have used their rotors for years and they are very good
quality - used on all my company vehicles and personal cars. That said I have
never used the Centric rotors on a race car - but have sold 1,000's of their
StopTech branded rotors for racing and they are also very good. Some of the
StopTech rotors are cast in the US and some outside the US including China.
Today with AutoZones etc dominating aftermarket sales it's hard to compete only
sourcing  domestic made rotors. 90+% of the market is private labeled sourced
from who know where. Regarding Centric  (and other high volume manufactures)
they don't just source this stuff on the web. They buy significant production
from foundries and have quality control people at the foundry.

I've never purchased drums but did enquire  about the GT6 drum and they do not
have those. They also do not have the GT6 1/2" x 9.7" rotors.

I am planing to make the 9.7"X 1/2" GT6 rotors at my shop but they will be 2
piece with an aluminum hat. I anticipate a selling price of $300 ea. For the
assembly. Just finished a similar kit for the Ford 289 and 427 Cobra. Picture
of dyno test below. GT6 is almost a miniature version of the Cobra rotor
assembly. They will be bedded in and ready to run.

Brembo has foundries all over including Mexico and Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone