fot

[Fot] Trailer Security

Subject: [Fot] Trailer Security
From: edunn at transfueler.com (Edward Dunn)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 17:17:51 -0700
There's only one real choice, and it's not locks...
GEOsky Alert is the system. It tracks your trailer 24/7. Doesn't need police
activation like LoJack does. Lots of west coast racers use it, with several
successful recoveries.

Edward Dunn
TransFueler
425-526-7566

Walt
I don't have tracking solutions but I use the master lock hitch lock which I
don't see available anymore. It wrapped completely around the hitch coupler
and had a locking pin going through the release. Do not get the yellow coupler
lock that is a u clamp around the coupler. My understanding is that those can
literally be kicked off they are so week.

I also have the round padlocks on my rear door and side door.

Lastly I run a pretty stout chain through my tandem wheels on one side and lock
using the round padlock.

I have also heard guys pulling the pin on the electric brakes when leaving.

My trailer is stored under cover in a secure lot and i have left it unlocked
before. All of the above can be broken into but it's like the old saying about
being chased by a bear....you just have to be faster (or more secure) than the
next guy.

Sent from my iPhone

I?m about to purchase a new enclosed trailer to haul my TR6 racecar. Do ny FOT
members have suggestions as to security/tracking solutions for my new trailer?
Thank You,
Walt Hollowell
Albuquerque, New Mexico

http://www.fot-racing.com