fot

[Fot] GT6 engine block variations - TR6?

Subject: [Fot] GT6 engine block variations - TR6?
From: sjanzen at me.com (Scott Janzen)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 17:29:33 -0500
I pulled apart a spare short block to get at the crank, and thought I might get
the block cleaned and prepped at the same time.  However, the block is
different from any of the GT6 blocks I?ve used before.  Serial # shows as a GT6
motor - KD759681 - but the bores have notches cut out in the sump end and the
block has cast-in ?bulges? on the side opposite the distributor/oil galleys.
I?m guessing that this is a block that could have been used either for a GT6 or
TR6 and the clearance is for the added TR6 stroke - but would like to confirm
that they are interchangeable.  Definitely has a GT6 crank in it - same stroke.
 Other aspects of the castings look the same.  Having been through probably 3
blocks in the past ten years, I?m puzzled I haven?t run into one of these
before.

Photos of current and different block attached.  The clean one is my current
GT6 block - there?s no serial # on that - got decked off.

Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone