fot

[Fot] TR6 transmission rebuild - counter shaft gears

Subject: [Fot] TR6 transmission rebuild - counter shaft gears
From: gblake58tr3 at icloud.com (Greg Blake)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2018 18:24:20 -0600
I am rebuilding a TR6 transmission and ran into a strange snag. When I removed
the countershaft the counter shaft gears did not drop to the bottom of the
case. I had to tap on the counter shaft gear set with a brass punch to get them
to move far enough to allow the input shaft and gear to be removed. Now that I
have the main shaft out of the case, I can't get the counter shaft gears out of
the case. I've been able to move them a little bit by tapping on the gears with
a brass punch through the drain hole but I can't get them out. Has anyone run
into this before?  Any ideas to get them out?

Thanks.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone