fot

[Fot] Gear ratios?

Subject: [Fot] Gear ratios?
From: tedtsimx at bright.net (Ted Schumacher)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 09:21:03 -0500
Bud, this works for all manual trans. but will use a 4 speed for
illustration. Lay gear(cluster gear) 4th divided by main shaft 4th X
whatever main shaft gear you choose divided by laygear equivalent =
ratio for that gear. Example - laygear 4th is 33 teeth, main shaft 4th
is 22 teeth. Main shaft 3rd is 27 teeth and lay gear is 29 teeth. So 33
divided by 22 = 1.5 x 29 divided by 27 (1.08) = 1.61(3rd gear ratio)

Lay gear (direct) divided by main shaft gear (direct)? X what main shaft
gear you choose divided by equivalent lay gear = ratio for that gear

--
Ted Schumacher
tedtsimx at bright.net
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com
108 S. Jefferson St.
Pandora, Ohio, USA 45877
Fax: 419.384.3272 (24 Hrs.)
Phone: 800.543.6648 (US & Canada)
Tech/ Gen. Information/ Worldwide: 419.384.3022