fot

[Fot] Gear ratios?

Subject: [Fot] Gear ratios?
From: rkrantz77 at comcast.net (Ron KRANTZ)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 09:31:23 -0500 (EST)
Bud & Bob,

Your going at the ratios backwards.  Mark the output flange and tail housing
and the input shaft.  Turn the OUTPUT flange 1 revolution while counting the
input shaft revs.  The number of input revs is the ratio.  example, 1 output
rev has input turning 4 revs = 4.00:1 ratio.

Not ALL transmissions have a 1:1 4th gear ratio.  I build a racing trans that
4th gear can be overdrive, underdrive or 1:1.  Spitfires do not have a good
selection of differential ratios which is why I designed and built my trans.  I
can also give you any 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear ratio you want.  I use Hewland/Webster
gears and best of all it is a bolt in trans for any Spit.

Ron Krantz

ReK Racing