fot

[Fot] Coated Bearing source update

Subject: [Fot] Coated Bearing source update
From: sjanzen at me.com (Scott Janzen)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 09:39:44 -0500
thanks for the feedback from several of you.  I contacted Calico Coatings
(Denver, NC) and they will coat a set of rods and mains for about $68 plus
shipping.  Bearings are only in their shop for 1-2 days.  I?ve used
Calico-coated trimetal King bearings before, sourced from a vendor, and my
experience has been that the coating holds up really well, prolonging the
bearing and crank life compared to non-coated bearings.

Since that vendor that I got the coated bearings from is MIA, good to hear it?s
easy, quick, and cheaper to do it this way.  You can just order your bearings,
have them shipped to Calico directly, and they will forward them on to you in
short order.

Scott