fot

[Fot] Bring a Trailer isn't what it used to be

Subject: [Fot] Bring a Trailer isn't what it used to be
From: duncan.charlton54 at gmail.com (Duncan Charlton)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 21:04:08 -0600
Dave,

I?m hoping some of that craziness rubs off on the no-reserve auction of my
supercharged 1970 Mini Countryman woody wagon, which started today.  (Shameless
plug here:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-mini-countryman-estate-woody/#comment-2072972

<https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-mini-countryman-estate-woody/#comment-2072972>)

Weird stuff happens.  I sold a 1957 4-seater Morgan Plus 4 there for a good
price two years ago (and didn?t meet the very low reserve until 30 minutes
before it was scheduled to end, but then the bidding really took off and I got
far more than I expected), and two weeks later another 1957 4-seater sold for
less than half what mine went for.  The seller of the other Morgan wasn?t very
involved and the car didn?t ?sparkle,? and maybe that was enough to make the
difference.

I?ve seen a few great deals there, particularly for vintage race cars.

Some of the very serious bidders on more expensive cars make their appearance
in the last few minutes.  Buyers like the fact that the maximum buyer?s premium
on BaT is $5000 (5% up to $100,000 sale price).  Sellers like the fact that the
auction doesn?t close until 2 minutes after the last bid.

Duncan
(Texas)