fot

[Fot] Bring a Trailer isn't what it used to be

Subject: [Fot] Bring a Trailer isn't what it used to be
From: dlhogye at comcast.net (DAVE HOGYE)
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 11:07:17 -0800 (PST)
Not to change the subject or anything, but man, have any of you checked out BaT
recently.

There is a Ferrari Daytona at that's at $485K.  That bid is about 1/4 it's
value.  The auction ends in 5 days.  It will probably be a no sale.

There has been some crazy action on there recently and it's getting crazier by
the day.

A couple really crappy TR3As sold for more than $26 and $29K recently.  Really
crappy cars with really crappy paint, parts missing, very poor repairs and lots
of Bondo.

A basket case TR2 sold for $5,500 a couple weeks ago.  It was matching numbers,
but badly bent front and back and rusty.

I guess $30K is now entry level in the collector car world.

Oh, and my Toyota Tacoma 4X4 is gaining in value too.  A 2001 just sold for
over $20K.  Mine was $27K new in '02.

DH