fot

[Fot] 2018 Kastner Cup

Subject: [Fot] 2018 Kastner Cup
From: jdolan at voyagerhldgs.com (James J Dolan)
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 13:26:39 +0000
FoT Members,

Our plans for the 2018 Kastner Cup are on schedule and coming along well.
Here is an update and it is time to REGISTER

Kastner Cup Race
This year?s event will be held in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand
Prix.
The dates are July 6th ? 7th ? 8h 2018.
The Kastner Cup race will be held Saturday afternoon around 4:00 pm.
It is scheduled to be a 40-minute race, so plan your tires accordingly.

Track
Our host track will be Pittsburgh International Raceway, a 2.9 mile track
located about 35 miles north of Pittsburgh. For track details and information,
visit:
www.pittrace.com<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http://www.pittrace.com/&c=E,1,u4Kq-LrDKgHkeiMw8FCkZmREO1Y-K2GbEHntrm9JxR21MWAFlSbS1qE4h9yCQhXL6vLjLSWKQ5MSASuMX8TNZ01bOrCU1t2HrbZ8sJLvbuBRKLOVvw0M&typo=1>
Pitt Race is an excellent facility, with large run off areas, a 100 foot
elevation change, two long straights, paved paddocks, clean bathrooms and
shower facilities. I think you will find it a great facility for our event.
To get a feel for the track visit:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pittsburghvintagegrandprix/sets/72157685891790982/
 and there is a on track video of a ?64 Spitfire at the PVGP Kastner Cup
registration page below.

Registration
Registration is being done through the PVGP website.
For registration details, information, and to register for the Kastner Cup,
please visit:
http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/kastner-cup/<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/kastner-cup/&c=E,1,xY2Azz7Nl7Vn-j_bThuiik2tUazDmJ-x-nTHK67yzzlGe_3xfYdS_Z8z23uUiVkpQjlyM94zoBn1zlOO2KbOn7576QkxQ_Sl4DNk1FcFWh1a8wX6xcLRZak,&typo=1>
 .
The actual application is at
http://www.pvgp.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2018-PVGP-Racer-Application-PDF.pdf<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http://www.pvgp.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2018-PVGP-Racer-Application-PDF.pdf&c=E,1,rpe-GigybT-FvbfOGrAXosrgqkPpadLOZL9-ThQApRVFmyz6h91PEG2j8SKmgEe84w3oe1MiV2xB82bb1t4FFIAi5pSsaw_DwyWAPk2tJdoB0jdw&typo=1>
 .
Note that the web site registration is payment only, you will need to mail in
the completed application with your Medicals.
The actual application is at
http://www.pvgp.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2018-PVGP-Racer-Application-PDF.pdf<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http://www.pvgp.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2018-PVGP-Racer-Application-PDF.pdf&c=E,1,KtEYSU6jrD0-TV0yx2e0Du_bxxHEY8YZVH_Gid5YkAJ2sY37XK_Cbo14ybDSvY48Q7bXruN3vNWyCuX2RMmpp_tn5UcUiPjyzyWT89NqKy_hnRGp&typo=1>.
Please note we have a $35 fee to register for the Kastner Cup race and this
will help defer some of the event expenses.
Take the time to register now so we can get a handle on the number of cars.
There is a lot of information on the
PVGP.org<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http://PVGP.org&c=E,1,oLV4shQ8vilCX-DVS24F2EvMMJiRiPIz91rJMkVPtf6C9E7dRHovYchThnS3dO7jHP_eMKG4Epm8usCn8eT-RASLNJLvTcRtYmPxW84tfww,&typo=1>
 web site
Hotel
Host hotel is Comfort Inn ? Cranberry Township  924 Sheraton Drive, Mars, PA,
16046  Phone: (724) 772-2700.
We secured a room rate of $89/night.
Tell them you are with the Kastner Cup to get the proper rate.

Poster
The 2018 Kastner Cup poster is complete and looks great.

[cid:image001.png at 01D3B91B.0E6BAEB0]

Tee Shirts
The Western PA Triumph Association is helping with tee shirts and support for
the Kastner Cup weekend.

We plan to have special parking and show space for WPTA and Triumphs at Pitt
Race (details to follow) for Saturday?s race.

PVGP other events that may be of interest to you
The PVGP runs two back to back race weekends.
The second weekend is the following weekend July 14 & 15 and is a street race
in Pittsburgh?s Schenley Park. This race runs on 2.33 miles of Pittsburgh city
streets in Schenley Park and is the longest running vintage street race in
America. For photos of the event visit:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pittsburghvintagegrandprix/sets/72157687618417183/
 and
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pittsburghvintagegrandprix/sets/72157686717704321/.
We have arranged for any Triumph driver entering both weekends to receive a
free entry into the Axis vs. Allies race at Schenley on Saturday, July 14 (a
$75 value). This special race on Saturday pits the British cars against the
German and Italian cars.
For more information on registering for the Schenley Park weekend visit:
http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/&c=E,1,8o18WARxTO-yGbD45-65TtAO1FNfwopNSF0zZ0YhZUi8ucUavzZ_nSI6QQEvcqG8VuUjQIuI6BQZg7hJW2OXAX8for3sjaHDcz9X48vLjv5EEA,,&typo=1>
 . Be sure to add yourself to the Axis vs. Allies race.  We can arrange for
storage of race car trailers for drivers running both weekends.

This is shaping up to be an excellent event and I look forward to seeing you in
July.

2018 Kastner Cup Committee