fot

[Fot] Rear Axle upgrade GT6

Subject: [Fot] Rear Axle upgrade GT6
From: robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com (Robert Lang)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 16:06:49 +0000 (UTC)

Vince - I'm not sure that the TR6 axles would fit your GT6 because the bearing
carrier for the Herald-based cars is a lot smaller than the TR6 is. I suppose
you could make it fit, but you'd have to make a custom hub carrier. That said,
I know that folks have done various solutions using stub axles from cars like
the 240Z. The "trick" would be to find a hub flange that can be drilled for the
Spitfire / GT6 bolt pattern and then work from there. And you can get brand-new
stub axles for the 240/260/280Z.

Else, source something from the UK.
Also - do you have a GT6 Mk 2 or the early or late-late setup? That also makes
a difference in the solution.
For my TR6, I run Corvair hubs like Group 44 did. But I had those hubs built up
about 20 years ago - the Corvair parts are pretty scarce now. If I were to
build a new car, I'd def. buy the Goodparts setup - he makes really excellent
parts!

Regards,Bob Lang
    On Wednesday, March 21, 2018, 8:44:11 AM EDT, Vince G via Fot <fot at