fot

[Fot] GT6 Axles etc.

Subject: [Fot] GT6 Axles etc.
From: robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com (Robert Lang)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 22:51:46 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,
Dolan mentioned no trouble getting Corvair axles - I've had problems sourcing
them. I've been in contact with a local supplier (Clarke's Corvairs) and they
seem to indicate that the so-called "rear outer spindle" are as rare as hen's
teeth. The inner "yoke" seems the be available, but not the outer spindle -
what we might call the outer hub flange.
In any case, if you can share part numbers, that would be awesome.
Ironically, I've be perusing some of the Corvette suppliers and it looks like
those parts are very similar to the Corvair - so perhaps those are the parts
you refer to. If specific part numbers are not available, even some info on the
fitment would be extremely helpful for some of us.

All that said, even though this setup isn't perfect, it's a heck of a lot
better than the stock axles on TR6, so that would make the setup ultra-awesome
for GT6 and Spitfire racers.
Regards,Bob Lang