Re: A word to the wise...

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: A word to the wise...
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:10:29 -0400
At 11:26 AM 8/30/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>This past weekend at the Northeast Divisionals, on our very first run,
>the glass screen on my Palm III cracked.  We're not sure how or why,
>but it's good to be conscious that this can happen.  I suspect the case
>flexed a bit and caused the screen to crack.

Mark,

What did you do . . . sit on it?  :-)

I got a folding leather case for mine and use the flip cover and use a
small rag to cushion the Palm and a loose fit in the car (the Palm is
between the fire bottle area and the left side fiberglass and is protected
somewhat by frame rails . . . I hope. I also use two big rubber bands in an
X pattern under the flip cover and around the back of the palm and the
leather case to keep the hot sync cable attached to the Palm since it
"wants" to fall out and even slight movement causes it to lose connection.
The battery box is velcro'd to the fiberglass on the right side and also
has a small rag for protection. Must be my safety engineer background . . .
if it can break or loosen, it will!

Too bad you won't have the data to compare runs and drivers before Nats . .
. I'm glad for any break I get!

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford