Re: Deletion bug on the Palm...

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, Tony Grau <tgrau@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Deletion bug on the Palm...
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:18:37 -0400
At 11:29 AM 8/30/1999 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:
>Tony and Dick,
>
>How do you guys carry your Palms in the FF?  What mounting technique
>have you found that allows reasonably easy access and good protection
>from vibration and other damage?  My technique obviously wasn't good
>enough (it was under the shoulder belt at the driver's abdomen, which
>worked fine the previous weekend...)

Mark,

I partially answered this in the previous post (always happens when the
keyboard is quicker than the mouse).

In my car, with my size and probably your size (I don't know about your
full size co-driver), there is room next to my thighs on each side of the
firebottle area. The Palm goes on the left, the battery is vecro'd to the
fiberglass on the right and the interconnecting cables go side to side just
in front of this area over the top of the battery. The g-cube is velcro'd
to the top of the battery cover, also under my legs. It just so happens
that I had a couple of brackets left over from trying to use the g-analyst
that allow a bungee cord to snug the cube down on top of the velcro so it
is hard to kick the cube loose with my heels getting in/out of the car (yes
it is tight, even with size 8 1/2 race shoes).

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford