Re: Inverting the acceleration?

To: "Brian Kennedy" <kennedy@computer.org>
Subject: Re: Inverting the acceleration?
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:58:53 -0700
Hmm.  You lost me on this one.  Could you send the file to me?

For the record....you should calibrate on a perfectly level surface.
Calibration "teaches" the cube what is 1 g in each direction.  This
requires that when we show 1 g, it is really 1 g.  Once you mount the
G-Cube in the car, the tilt of the mounting position essentially acts to
"reset" the zero position.  Then the G's act on that mounting point and
are calculated from that point.  So the way you did it *should* be fine.
  Silly question...you are sure, of course, that you didn't put the
G-Cube in pointing backwards?  Hopefully I'll be able to ask more
intelligent questions after I see your data.

--Byron
   888-909-0818