Re: Spliting multiple laps into single laps?

To: "Nelson, James Howard (UMR-Student)" <jhnrh7@umr.edu>
Subject: Re: Spliting multiple laps into single laps?
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 10:03:59 -0700
Hey James,

Yes!  As Brian said, it's exactly how the software is set up for
multi-lapping.  It takes a little practice, but you'll find it works
pretty simply.

There is a tutorial but it's not in the usual help screens.  Look in
your \GEEZ directory for a file called README.TXT.  I would suggest
printing it.  It's a full tutorial on how to go through individual lap
parsing and setup for multi-lap.  Also, you can begin by doing this with
example data which is included with the installation of your software.
There is a file called "SEBRING" which is several laps from a 150mph
Corvette at Sebring.  It's already defined into the several laps.  But
if you make a copy of the SEBRING.GCD file and rename the copy as
"TEST.GCD" or something similar, you can use that to go through the
tutorial step by step.  This way you are using the exact same data for
the tutorial that the tutorial is discussing.

You'll find that the Sebring laps are much longer and more complex tha
your 20 second laps will be.  So I would say that after you've done the
Sebring tutorial, your own data should be pretty easy.

--Byron
   888-909-0818