Re: Need help with M125 and Belkin hotsync cable.

To: Fisher Patrick-r37492 <Patrick.Fisher@motorola.com>,
Subject: Re: Need help with M125 and Belkin hotsync cable.
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 07:29:28 -0700
Hey Patrick,

I think I can see the problem...

I can guess at what's causing the problem.  I think the 125 might be a
USB Palm device.  This means that the Belkin cable has to finagle a bit
to make the signal come out serial.  In order to do this,  I suspect
that your Belkin cable requires a driver on the W2K system to operate in
serial mode.  Check your documentation on the driver to see.  As far as
the USB side goes, GEEZ doesn't work USB.

As others have suggested, I would start with the manual on the Belkin
cable.  See if there are any drivers that need to be loaded for W2K, NT,
or XP.  Those three operating systems will probably require drivers.

Your other option, to beam the files to your III should also be
possible.  I believe that what you need to beam is the CASL Runtime
Library.  It seems to me that we figured out before that the files
reside as part of the CASL-RTL, so when you transfer that, you'll
transfer the runs, too.  Check that out and let me know if it works for
you.

In fact, let me know which works for you. --Byron
888-909-0818