Re: Help evaluating Geez data

To: geez@autox.team.net, pleonard@miraclemethod.com
Subject: Re: Help evaluating Geez data
From: Bottorff25@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:32:32 -0400
I've recently begun using Geez myself and after only a few events I feel it's
already helping me. I'm still trying to develop a protocol for data evaluation
but so far I've been focusing on fixing my biggest mistakes first. For me I
first use the usage color scale on the map and then open the lateral accel and
usage strip chart. I can look at the usage strip chart and right away and see
if there are portions of the course I am not using enough of the car in. For
instance I felt I have not been pushing the car enough in big slaloms and once
I got Geez it showed me that was true without a doubt. Compared to the rest of
the course my usage values overall in the slaloms showed as a "clump" of lower
usage readings on the strip chart. I lost first place by .2 seconds on a 60
second course one weekend and it had a big fast slalom. If I'd have had the
ability to look at my data at the track I'm sure I could have gotten those 2
tenths and then some ;)
I look at each run individually and then will go further into each one and look
at things like segment times; comparing portions of one run to another. I have
also just started purposely driving the car differently in a turn or two just
to see what the data tells me. Did braking earlier and then accelerating
earlier get me through this section quicker or was I already optimal? Did an
extra shift really payoff? Did taking one section slower make me faster for the
next or just plain slower? etc
I haven't really had a co-driver to work with but I can already see what I tend
to do well and what I tend to screw up. Fixing the screw ups will always make
you faster! ;)
Damon Bottorff