Re: Demo Mode

To: "Billings, Mike (Boise, ID USA)" <mike.billings@hp.com>
Subject: Re: Demo Mode
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:16:09 -0700
Hey Mike,

The old dongle is still fine with XP.  (Answering Dick Rasmussen's
comment.)  But you do need the driver from the website.  On the website
it's labeled as Win 2000 I think, but it's been updated to work for XP
as well.  Install that driver, and you should be able to get past Demo mode.

However, I'm not sure that's your problem--generally when you don't have
the driver installed, the program will still let you download, it just
won't let you see the run.  So we may need to trouble shoot the serial
port a bit.  But let's start with the Driver, to get that part out of
the way.

After you have the driver loaded, if you are still having trouble with
the serial port, the first logical check should be to make sure that you
don't already have another program using the Com port.  While there are
many that can use that port, the mostly common culprit is the HotSync
software.  If you see that it's always running, you need to disable it,
and tell it to run only when you call it.  It's a simple process.  If
these things still don't get you live, e-mail the list again, and we'll
dig a bit deeper.

--Byron