Re: Fender Mirrors - Flat or Convex?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fender Mirrors - Flat or Convex?
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com> (by way of John Miller
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:47:07 -0500
On Monday, April 05, 2004 5:02 pm, Awgertoo@aol.com wrote:
> Keith--
>
> I never said that the "field of view" was better from the doors--if
> anything is way too narrow for my tastes, and unless counting the nose
> hairs of the other driver is important I think that the wide-view provided
> by forward-mounted mirrors is far superior.

However...all else being equal, your field of view is wider the closer the
mirrors are to your eyes.  If you doubt it, two minutes spent with a pocket
mirror testing some "extremes" -- e.g., 6 inches from your face compared with
10 feet away -- will prove it.

--
John Miller

So far as a man thinks, he is free.