Vacuum Advance - ???

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vacuum Advance - ???
From: "Big Sixer" <healey@ledwith.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:35:52 -0400
On my HS6 carbs there is a small tube that sticks up where the vacuum advance
line fits. I ran a wire down it to make sure it is open, however the vacuum
which comes from there is neglibile. Any reason why? The tube goes down on the
engine side of the butterfly valve, so there should be some vacuum force, but
there isn't.

Also, when is the vacuum advance most in use? When it is idling? When full
throttle and the most air is going through?

I don't get it: both why I don't have enough vacuum force and what it is meant
to do?

Help would be appreciated.

Ryan