Re: Auuugh!!! Stalled...

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Auuugh!!! Stalled...
From: "Neil Trelenberg" <neilberg@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 20:10:22 -0700
You might want to verify that the cap. is ok or just change it. I have no
idea how to test it but I had one fail in my car. What would happen was the
arching of the points caused the contacts to get so hot the material that
housed them deformed and allowed the contacts to close completely. So I
would get a few miles and the car would run like crap and finally stop. The
fix was to change the points and cap....problem solved. It's worth a try
Ryan, change the cap or verify that it's in correctly and making proper
contact....Neil