Re: Wind Wings mounting points

To: kpdii@earthlink.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wind Wings mounting points
From: ZManDino@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:02:41 EDT
Hi Patton,
I have a set of the original AMCO wind wings on my BN7. If your's are the
same you are missing four small metal mounting plates. You can probably make
the
pieces from scrap metal that is 1/16" thick. The two top mounts are L shaped
with the ends being 1/2 " wide and 1" long. A hole is drilled in one end of the
L that will line up with top screw that connects the windscreen to the
pillar. The leg of the L is on the bottom when attached to the windscreen. The
second  lower mount is a simple rectangle 1/2" X 1" with a single hole at one
end
to fasten to the wind screen using the third screw down from the top. You now
have two small rectangles facing backwards from each side of the windscreen at
the pillars. The clamps on your wind wings should line up with these mounts
and fasten by tightening the allen screws in each clamp. If mounted properly,
the windwings can be folded out of the way when using your side curtains. If
this is all too complicated I can send you pictures of how it looks.

Alex, Zanini  1960 BN7