Re: Rotating the engine

To: MVANDERPLOEG@nc.rr.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rotating the engine
From: WilKo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:09:25 EDT
Hitting the starter is a real easy way to rotate the engine.

About the sputtering: It's more related to carburation. The 100 Sixes are
particularly prone to this problem, but you knew that. Check the carb oil and
make sure you have no leaks in the manifold/carb area.
The 100-six runs best a little rich. Also very important is to set the idle
using the airflow screws and not the throttle screws (HD6's). The throttle
screws should not touch the carb body when idling.

Geoff Healey said that they never sorted out the problem with 100-SIxes. The
heads were too much for the small displacement. Couldn't get enough velocity.

Rick
San Diego