Re: Rotating the engine

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rotating the engine
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:56:19 -0400
Hi, Mick -

Are you going to The Gathering in Winston-Salem?

For rotating the engine for valve adjustment, I use a crowfoot spanner that I
found in an antique store.  It measures 1-3/4 inches across the flats and is a
perfect fit on the dog nut.  It looks like it was used to turn nuts in 1881,
and actually has that number stamped by hand into it.  Many antique stores
have tools like that.  Using the wrench, I can turn the engine much more
accurately than using the button on the starter relay, and I have never had
much success trying to turn the engine by pushing the car in gear.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA