Re: San Diego suggestions

To: Tom McCabe <mccabe@krjda.com>
Subject: Re: San Diego suggestions
From: WilKo@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 00:02:34 EDT
In a message dated 4/8/04 8:28:18 PM, rsnover@ix.netcom.com writes:

Tom,
You'll be right in San Diego's backyard playground. I've not been since he
fires, but that Julian area is a treat in itself. Just down the road are
several
great spots to visit if you like the great outdoors. Stonewall Peak is an
easy hike and offers some endless views. Down the east side of Julian you can
find the Anza Borrego desert which will just be near the end of desert bloom
season. Borrego Springs is an easy little hike to a palm treed oasis.
For City stuff, the brand new Petco park is now hosting Padre's baseball. You
can get a trolley ride all the way from El Cajon (in the east county) al the
way to downtown S.D.
Balboa Park is beautiful and has several fine museums. The Auto Museum has a
featured show of motorcycles this month (?) and always has a decent group of
rare cars with at least one Tucker, one of the first Countaches and a
prototype
mid-engined AMX. The usual crop of motorcyles also features at least one
Vincent.
For art, the main museum is pretty so-so but the smaller Timkin Gallery is
free (donations) and has a few real fine paintings, at least one real
Rembrandt.
A beautiful place to spend the day either way. Also in the park is is the
Zoo.

Ah, here's so much more...

Rick
San Diego