Scarfs, Wire Wheels, and engine paint

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Scarfs, Wire Wheels, and engine paint
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:53:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/10/04 9:13:52 AM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> They say that is how the dancer Issabella Duncan lost her life.

Editor in me can't resist: Her name was Isadora Duncan, considered the woman
who invented modern dance. Died when her scarf was caught in the wire wheels
of   Bugatti (Type 25?).

On the practical side, I've had Hirsch engine paint on my Healey since it was
restored to concours gold 12 years ago. The paint is actually spec'ed for
aviation engine use and holds up very well. Also, because it's pretty thick, it
can be brushed on without showing brush marks if you're doing a touch-up in
place.

Cheers
Gary

Cheers