RE: Subject: Dropped in the black hole of doom.

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Subject: Dropped in the black hole of doom.
From: James Sailer <heliskier@direcway.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 21:11:02 -0600
Scott, I recently did a similar thing..  here are 2 solutions...

1.  Any hardware store (even ACE) have a springy 20 inch device that has a
plunger on one end and 4 extending teeth (little arms on the other).  worked
in exactly the same place for me..  I used a mirror and a flashlight as
well..

2.  This one is better and I just retrieved something from IN my
bellhousing..  take a 1/2 fliexible tube several feet long.. duct tape it to
the inlet of a shop vac so ALL the air comes through the 1/2 inch tube..
voila.. either the part will get sucked up or sucked onto the 1/2 inch
pipe..  I've also used smaller tubes..

Jim Sailer