Re: Starter Solenoid

To: Scott Willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Starter Solenoid
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:21:23 -0500
Scott,
When you push the start button you activate the solenoid which is
supposed to close contacts which then sends electrical current to the
starter.  The clicking you hear is the solenoid activation only. It does
not mean that electrical current is reaching the starter. There could be
a number of reasons that the starter is not receiving current. I suggest
you try by-passing the solenoid using a heavy gauge wire.  A short piece
of #12  insulated solid wire would do. Locate the solenoid and
momentarily touch the terminals that have the big wires attached. When
you touch the terminals you should hear the starter kick in. My sure the
car is out of gear.

Alan S
67BJ8