Re: Austin Healey Checks

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@earthlink.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Austin Healey Checks
From: Healeyolic <healey6@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:48:40 -0400
Last year I started to research this and after spending literally hours on
Google and other sites found that for individuals, it is possible to have
many of the major check printers customize them as long as they are supplied
with the artwork. HOWEVER, the setup fee is rather exhorbitant for limited
runs. As I remember it was around $75.00 for setup and then a high charge
per book for the checks.

I wonder if one of the National clubs could strike a deal with one of the
check printers. The problem is in the cost of setting up the master and that
is prohibitive for a once in a while thing.  A check publisher would
probably want some type of a guarantee but that may be as little as the
setup charge to produce the masters. Could be another benefit of our dues
and the club could supply the artwork for the entire AH series to be used. I
am near the end of run of my checks and, although my wife loves the Horse
checks I now use, I would certainly change to AH checks as I write the
checks in the house. (Sorry if that sounds macho but that is a fact of life
in my house - she told me once that I should enter $20 in the check book
even though she wrote the check for $30 -- but her friend gave her a $10
dollar bill so she was out of pocket $20)

Anyone from the National Clubs listening???????????????????????

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ