Re: Austin Healey Checks

To: "Healeyolic" <healey6@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Austin Healey Checks
From: "Charley Braum" <cbaustin@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:57:15 -0400
    If I remember correctly, several years ago one of the big
bank/check/credit card companies offered an Austin-Healey credit card, with
an option to get matching checks.

    Once signed up for this, and after an interval of about 18-24 months,
the 'special' cards and checks reverted to the 'standard' design for that
institution. The explanation was that there were not enough repeat orders to
justify a 'special' run of cards and checks.

    I've always thought this was a classic 'bait and switch'.

    Perhaps the several clubs could get together and generate an order large
enough to interest one of the banks. Maybe the checks could be printed in
Hong Kong!! Know anyone over there??

CB