Re: Clutch slave frustration-more

To: "Scott Willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch slave frustration-more
From: "Scott Willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:31:42 -0500
More frustration...After much bleeding. There are NO bubbles. I asked my wife
to pump. Reluctantly she pumped. Clutch feels great. I see the slave pumping
away.

I never before had a chance to see under the car and if the slave was moving.
Hard to pump pedal by self and be under the car at the same time.

So I lower the car for the 20th time. Start it. And "crreeeekk!" There goes
some metal shavings off 1st, then reverse. Nope. Clutch is not working. Pedal
feels good and slave is pumping.

Any other diagnosis I can do before I pull the tranny and replace clutch?

I'm not sure how it is supposed to feel but with the slave off the lever I can
move the lever in one way with no resistance. The lever is centered in the
middle of slot. Just clunk, clunk short motion back and forth. No spring
tention or anything. It will not push back toward rear wheel direction.

Looks like my May 1st on road goal may be pushed back a bit.

My wife says she's getting all this stuff ready for our trip tomorrow and I'm
just out here having fun. I wish she was a mechanic and could tell me what the
heck I was doing wrong.

Figgin weee again,

Scott
Mashed 60 BN7