Re: BJ8 restoration

To: "Daniel" <tw002crew@shoreham.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 restoration
From: "frogeye" <frogeye@swcp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 06:47:35 -0600
Dan,
 Since your current frame will require extensive rust removal steps prior to
replacing the rotted areas; i.e. grinding, sand blasting. I think you will
quickly find out if the frame salvageable. As a general rule you will find
that some surface pitting under the floor pan surfaces and at the
outriggers/frame junction is where the majority of frame rust is worst. If
they are not too bad then the rest is generally ok.
 Fortunately every part is available and replaceable. If the chassis is
still straight I would always opt for repair. IMHO
 I can send you pictures of a chassis which was used as a swimming pool for
16 plus years and is now ready for re-assembly if you'd like.
Best,
Dave
Frogeye@SWCP.com Taos Garage Annex in Albuquerque
'62 BT7 MK II,  '54 BN1,  '62 Fiat 1600S
http://www.britishcarforum.com/TaosAnnex.html