Re: problems with BJ8 doors

To: "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: problems with BJ8 doors
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:54:07 -0700
Bill,

Have the same problems with my BJ8.  Is your passenger door even harder
to shut with the hood (converitible top) up?  I think the windshield/door
pillar/body
flex is causing even more interference.

Anyway, I partly solved the passenger door problem by putting a thin shim under
the
bottom hinge.  Cut it out of an old white-box computer shell; it's probably
about 50 thousandths
thick.

As for the door edges not being flush, you can adjust the door lock mechanism,
but not much.
Looks to me like the curves of the door and the rear wing simply don't line up
... could just be
the "handmade British quality."

If you get any great tips please let us all know.

Regards,
bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net