100 car problem

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100 car problem
From: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:14:08 -0700
thanks for all the help.  checked out the vent system yesterday.  smoothed off
the nut which had corrosion and made sure system was venting. it started
perfectly and i drove it around until heated up to about 170-180 on gauge.
once shut off it will start smoothly if it sits for just a minute or two.
problem comes in when let to sit for 5-15 minutes in direct sun.  if allowed
to sit longer, it starts smoothly, which tells me the heat has evaporated all
excess fuel.  i have not noticed any fuel streaming out of manifolds, and
neither my moss catalog or manual show any kind of drains like on my bj8.  i
do not understand how the fuel is getting into the engine if it has proper
venting to allow for expansion of the fuel.  maybe a louvered hood is the
answer but she says she did not have this problem in the past so i am at a
loss to decipher the problem.  oh well, back to the drawing board.
healeymanjim