Austin Healey / drive line / drive shaft

To: "AustinHealey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Austin Healey / drive line / drive shaft
From: "Lyle Matson" <medlabinc@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 21:29:43 -0700
Here's a guess regarding the question from back home in Indiana.
This is a guess.  A drive shaft a straight and one-piece - like Austin Healey
for example.  A drive line would be a combination of more than one drive shaft
- maybe like a truck.  But . . . . . that's a guess.
So I took these Austin Healey rear brake drums to a shop called a drive-line
shop.    To be more precise - I called first.
Low and behold - he had already had a center hub to fit / adapt the drum to
the lathe.
To be more correct - I called first.  When I told the drive-line guy what I
was trying to do he told me that he knew .  I was talking about.  Wonders
never cease.  I sure enjoy this car - a BJ8.  I had one in early 70s.  Now
this one.

So someone asked - 'Now the $64,000 question.  Is the shake  gone".  That is a
good one.
Well . . . I will answer that when I get this project back together.

Dick / WA State